Selected Items[Remove All]

Available Items[Add All]

University at Albany, State University of New York

Student Assistant Forms

University Payroll

University Administration Building, 3rd Floor

1215 Western Avenue

phone: 437-3830  fax:  437-4731

Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm (Summer 8:00am - 4:00pm)

Download Forms:

Download Pay Schedule

Student Assitant Check Distribution

Paychecks and stubs for Student Assistants and Work-study students are available at the Payroll Office in UAB 300. ID is required.

Students are encouraged to enroll in direct deposit. Direct deposit stubs not picked up after two pay periods will be destroyed. Want to save the environment? Go to log in and follow the icon to NYS Payroll online and view your payroll information online and SUPPRESS PAYSTUB PRINTING.

For any questions or concerns regarding payroll matters, please contact 518-437-3830 or Regular Office Hours: 8:30am–5:00pm, Summer Hours: 8:00am-4:00pm.

Timesheet Submission

Effective Fall 2019, no paper student timesheets may be submitted. All fall student appointments effective 8/22/19 and beyond will be required to submit timesheets online in the SUNY HR Time and Attendance system. Please see the Student Employee Training Guide.

New Hires

Before you can begin working for the first time, an I-9 form (Employment Eligibility Verification) must be completed and on file with Human Resources.  Time sheets will not be processed without an I-9.  The form must be certified in person with original documents.  The acceptable original documents you may present are listed on the back of the form (see page 4 of the I-9 PDF).  International students on F-1 or J-1 visas, working for the first time at the University, or who have a status change, must have their I-9 certified in the Payroll Office, with Tina Gitto, Employee Eligibility & Tax Compliance Specialist.

Tax Forms

If no tax forms are filed, the default withholding of Single/0 will be used.  Returning students do not need to file new tax forms unless changing withholding status.

Retirement Membership

All student employees are eligible for membership in the NYS Employees Retirement System (ERS).  Membership, which is optional, requires a contribution of three percent of salary that is deducted from your paycheck.  Service credit is prorated for part-time employees (all Student Assistants and Work-Study employees are part-time).  Membership may be transferred to other public retirement systems in New York State.  If you are currently a member or are interested in becoming a member, please contact the University's Benefits Office at 437-4729.

Directions to the Payroll Office

By bus from uptown campus- take CDTA #11 from Science Library to CVS on Western (about 100 yds after leaving campus).  UAB is across the street at 1215 Western Ave.  Trip takes less than three minutes.

By bus from downtown campus – take CDTA #10 or #11 to 1215 Western Ave.

By car - from University Drive East, take the access road between the Police Dept. and the baseball  field to the UAB lots.